Stupid people anyway! HELP!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Citron_d'uccle, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Citron_d'uccle

Citron_d'uccle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Well over the weekend we went to East Texas to visit some relatives. When we returned, I noticed after being home all of 5 minutes that I hadn't heard the chickens like I normally do, so I went to check on 'em. Upon closer inspection I found about a 3 foot wide by 6 foot tall hole cut in the side of the run. There were a pair of SNAP-ON sidecutters near said hole, and all but two roosters and a juvenile hen were GONE! There arent even any feathers left! So it appears someone STOLE my ENTIRE FLOCK!

Does anyone have any birds they would part with so I can re-establish my flock?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

I am not a big police caller.............but I would be on the phone with them.

WOW that is just crazy - who knew you were going to be gone?

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    How horrible!! I sorry to hear that!

4. Gerry2011

Gerry2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    OMG....that's incredible. I am so sorry. [​IMG]

5. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    I am so sorry [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] hope they reap no good rewards [​IMG]

6. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I'm so sorry, I hope you are able to find that thief!!!!!!!

7. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    oh no [​IMG] sorry to hear..were they all citron d'uccles?

8. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Citron_d'uccle :

Well over the weekend we went to East Texas to visit some relatives. When we returned, I noticed after being home all of 5 minutes that I hadn't heard the chickens like I normally do, so I went to check on 'em. Upon closer inspection I found about a 3 foot wide by 6 foot tall hole cut in the side of the run. There were a pair of SNAP-ON sidecutters near said hole, and all but two roosters and a juvenile hen were GONE! There arent even any feathers left! So it appears someone STOLE my ENTIRE FLOCK!

Does anyone have any birds they would part with so I can re-establish my flock?

I would see if i could find who took them and give them a piece of my mind..... and take my chickens back.​

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Definitely file a police report! Talk to neighbors and ask if any saw or heard anything.

I suppose there's an outside chance that someone thought they had been abandoned without care for while you were gone and temporarily "rescued" them; I am assuming that they had adequate food, water and shade, but that someone thought they didn't.

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Keep an eye on craigslist or any other media for your birds. If you see them and know they are yours, contact the police.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by