1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

stupid question about goose

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Sugar Sand Farm, May 23, 2007.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I have a stupid question to ask. Our gosling who is twelve weeks old was injuried by a opossum. He had several punture wounds on his head and wing. He is doing wonderful and is almost healed. My question is this. When we were applying neosporin to his cuts he got very greasy and dirty. How can I safely clean him off. I don't want to use anything that will harm him when he preens himself. Thank you Micki

2. Idahoe

Idahoe New Egg

Apr 8, 2007
    Weippe, Idaho
    If you can hang in there with a dirty goose for a while, he should have a juvenile molt soon [​IMG]. If I remember rightly, when my flock of Toulouse were in the three to four month old range, they molted and it looked like a goose exploded in the yard.

I wouldn't use any kind of soap or "product" to clean his feathers, they would cause more damage than good, wouldn't want him to lose his waterproofing.

Glad he recovered from his attack!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by