stupid question alert! ;)

tweetyflights

Songster
9 Years
Aug 16, 2010
OK so i bet these are REALLY stupid questions but here they are:

1. I have my pet valley quail and in the spring I'm getting courintix (?) , ya i did start out with only wanting my one quail but nooo they're too addicting
roll.png
, and I'm just wondering if there could be any diseases transferred between the two? ( other than the usual all quail diseases like worms, etc.)

and 2. would a raised 4x6 pen be enough for about 8 quail with no crowding? i know the 1 foot per bird approx. rule but i don't know how to calculate the sq. feet. lol stupid right
cool.png
tongue.png

You calculate the square foot measurement by multiplying the length by the width. So if you have a cage that is 2' x 4' it has 8 sq. ft. of space.

They can get any diseases that chickens can get and a few specific to quail as well; it is always a good idea to quarantine new birds. But you shouldn't keep coturnix with valleys anyway
wink.png

4x6=24 Sq Ft (final Answer! )
smile.png

Yes They Both Be Susceptible To The Same Illnesses And Could Be A Potential Source For Infection To Each Other

No Mixing Quail Speces Is Very Bad Mojo And Often Times Brings About The Gamebird Version Of The 3rd World Countries We See In The 6 O Clock News--- Much Racial Unrest And Violence

OK thanks for your replies!
lol.png
oh and sorry i did forget to mention the valley will be in the house in his own cage and the courintix will be in the outdoor pen.

Quote:
I FIGURED SOMETHING LIKE THAT.. JUST BE AWARE IF YOUR COTS GET ILL YOU CAN INFECT YOUR VALLEY IF NOT TAKING PROPER BIOLOGIC ISOLATION.. OR VICE VERSA.

Back
Top Bottom