stupid question but......

Johndale

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
if uve ever seen jurasic park they injected dna into a egg
well i was wondering if u got an mbryo 17-19 days old could u put another chickens dna in a needle through the egginto the chick inject him so then he has that chickens genes and seal the hole?
lol stupid i know

... you can't do that at the end, but at the beginning...

In pregnancies, (humans) if you don't have eggs that are viable, you can purchase another person's egg, remove their DNA, put your DNA in it and fertilize it with your husband's (boyfriend's whatever) sperm or your girlfriend's (wife's) DNA could also be injected into it. lol

This is something that is way beyound my knowledge. But I am not sure you can remove the DNA from the egg about to be fertilized.
What little I do know of this is from listening to my wife and her co-worker. They are both nurses and the co-worker is going though this. The egg is being removed from her sister, her husband is fertilizing it and it will be placed in the co-worker. The sister's egg will not have the DNA removed. The child will have a mix of all the DNA's, but the strongest from the egg donor and the husband. At least the is the way it sounds when they talk about it.

They remove the DNA from the egg when breeding horses. They can remove the DNA from an egg - so it's essentially "empty" - then they can replace it with a prize winning horse's DNA and place the newly created egg into a "foster" mare. That way, a mare can produce several foals a year & make the owner major $$. (Gestation for a horse is about a year long, so this procedure drastically increases the productivity of the mare while allowing her to show & compete - since she's not carrying a foal.)

Iono, I saw it on discovery or something... there is like a packet of DNA from the egg donor... and two different DNAs can be placed in once the DNA has been removed from the donor.

I don't think three DNAs would work very well - would produce some sort of mutation, retardation (not like mental illness only, but slowed physical growth and what not), death or just very bad results.

But you essentially can empty out an egg.

To the person above, I don't think you can only have a single DNA in there unless you wanted a clone. I suppose you can take Donor egg, put Champion sperm and Donor Champion broodmare DNA into it and sell the embryo to someone else who wants to produce an off spring, but does not want to purchase the sperm or does not have the champion broodmare.

LOL confusing but I get it <3 I sort of love genetics in DNA , but dont fully understand it yet.

Quote:
Ohhh i saw a program on the Discovery channel or science channel or something where they were putting certain genes in chicken eggs to give them teeth and long tail, and removing the feather genes, stuff like that, It was kinda cool, something about bringing back the dinosaurs or the real Jurasic park it was called something like that I can't remember exactly, not sure I agree with it but it was really interesting.

Quote:
Ohhh i saw a program on the Discovery channel or science channel or something where they were putting certain genes in chicken eggs to give them teeth and long tail, and removing the feather genes, stuff like that, It was kinda cool, something about bringing back the dinosaurs or the real Jurasic park it was called something like that I can't remember exactly, not sure I agree with it but it was really interesting.

I think I saw something like that... was Thanksgiving day, couldn't remember, trying not to pass out from fried chicken then LOL

Quote:

I think I saw something like that... was Thanksgiving day, couldn't remember, trying not to pass out from fried chicken then LOL

LOL

Zygotes can have the DNA ripped out of them, and then diff dna thrown in there. It's really easy to do if you have a microscope and a pipette. But then, the egg shell would be unusable, so another container would have to be used. You could even inject like guinea fowl dna into a chicken cell. and a perfectly normal guinea would hatch out. you could also create recombiant dna. like split genetic info in half and then add another part of dna and attach it. If extra dna is inserted into a already full chicken egg cell, the embryo would probably die from problems in cell division. and if it survived it wouldn't live to be an adult. It would also have many problems and deformities.

Quote:
I didn't specify, but they do put 2 sets of DNA into the egg. I was leaving out the stallion DNA to (hopefully) try to keep the explanation simple. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom