Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
How many eggs do bantams lay a day?
how large (or small) are bantam eggs?
can i charge the same for bantam eggs?
Are these REALLY stupid questions???

Size and quantity of eggs would depend on the breed of bantam you're talking about.
smile.png
Some bantam eggs are not much larger than a quail egg--TINY! Others are more the size of a regular small egg, 1 1/2 ounces or so. I'm sure you can charge whatever people will pay for the eggs. I was just reading the "how much do you charge" thread, and it looks like people charge anything from less than a dollar a dozen to more than 5 dollars a dozen for regular chicken eggs depending on where they are and what people will pay in their area.

smile.png

No, they're not stupid questions, silly.

tongue.png

Last edited:
The average is 3 banty eggs to one large chicken egg.

Every hen will only lay one egg daily at the most. Good luck.

bigzio

I have several bantams and they are only about half as tall as a normal sized egg and about as big around as a quarter.

Exactly! You're still learning and we are all here to learn from each other!

My silkies lay bigger eggs than my bantam cochins. The bantam cochins seem to lay a round egg and the silkies lay more pointed eggs. But, the silkie eggs are still smaller than my standard cochin eggs.

Saltiena.....Banty's, like most hens, will lay between 5 and 6 eggs a week...under healthy conditions, with proper feed.

There are no stupid questions on here....we all have to learn somehow...and asking is the best way to learn.

What you charge is dependant on how much they go for locally. Here in Indiana, I get 1.00 a dozen at the local hardware store...but my regular customers, buy me a bag of feed every other month...and I try to get them 2 dozen a week. I like the barter system better than money...especially between friends.
big_smile.png

Here is a picture of one of my Cochin Banty Frizzle eggs...compared to a C Cell Battery......

Bantyegg.jpg

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom