Stupid Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by IceAngel, Jul 15, 2015.

1. TheLukeMeister

TheLukeMeister Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2015
    I don't and never have had turkeys, but I assume that they will mate considering how different breeds of chickens will mate. And I can't answer your second question.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    All heritage varieties can interbreed, you will only have troubles if you try to breed heritage to broad breasted, a heritage Tom can probably breed a broad breasted, but not the other way around, the breast are too big.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Me too XD

4. IceAngel

IceAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Glad my chihuahuas gave you a laugh. I have to thank @drumstick diva for the calendar suggestion. I am always looking for ways to raise money for the Humane Society. Here is another picture that will make you laugh.....my granddaughter was on the other end of the tea party. [​IMG]

5. IceAngel

May 2, 2013
    It is because turkey hens don't just accept any male, that I asked this question. Roosters just force the girls but turkeys seem to court each other and pair off. When I separated my original couple, the hen changed her attitude towards me. She used to follow me everywhere and eat out of my hand but after I took her mate away, she became afraid of me.

6. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I have stupid questions all the time...why didn't I know about this thread? (See, stupid question right there.)

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Maybe you already found the answer to the ovation question? If not, maybe this will help:

Home page, right hand side, toward the bottom, shows Top Rated Posts and there is a "more" link.
    Clicking that "more" link will take you to a detailed screen that shows Top Rated Posts for (you choose) Last Day, 7 Days, 30 Days, All Time
    If you click on say, All Time, you'll see the #1 Top Rated Post has to do with the Buy-Sell-Trade Rules

Does that give you the info you wanted on ovations?

1 person likes this.
  8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Oh my. I just found this thread... because I seem to follow NFC around like a shadow. (What's up with that? I think we are in the same time zone or something- just down the street actually)
    ANYWAY... the chi-wa-was are adorable!
    What a great sense of humor.[​IMG]
    I love the thread.
    Please keep adding to it,

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yeah, just me and my shadow, lol. And here I thought I was following YOU around. I stand corrected [​IMG]

10. IceAngel

May 2, 2013
    Thank you so much @NorthFLChick Your answer was very helpful. You are going to get an Ovation for this, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by