stupid smoke detector!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dixiechick, Mar 4, 2009.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

It's 11PM...I'm sick with the crud. Sleeping is near impossible....just when I've taken enough OTC meds that I think is safe to take....and finally feel like I might be able to relax...in that place where you feel yourself start to jerk every now and then as it finds some sleep coming on....while everyone else in the house is SOUND asleep...I hear it....EEP, EEP, EEP....

The STUPID SMOKE DETECTOR batteries are failing. Our ceilings are 12 ' high....

....yada yada yada....[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    that is horrible! shoot it with a bb gun! Our family tradition is to set the smoke detector off during Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner...that is how we know it is time to eat [​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Poke it with a broom handle then have them lowered to where you can get to them safely!

4. cyrixlord

cyrixlord Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Monroe, wa
    ok keep the image of low battery smoke detectors, but only at 3:30am this time, and then when you are trying to find which detector is beeping, and rip out the battery AND STILL HEAR IT BEEPING, look at your parrot as he goes "BEEP BEEP BEEP"

sigh deeply

and go back to bed.

it can always be worse [​IMG]

GOOD NIGHT [​IMG]

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'm sorry, that's hilarious.
    My cats like to hurl in the middle of the night so I find it in the morning.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:With your bare feet? [​IMG]

7. cyrixlord

cyrixlord Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Monroe, wa
    Quote:With your bare feet? [​IMG]

[​IMG] ew!

8. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Sometimes. Usually it's on the carpet if I'm around, the wood floor if I'm not.

My favorite was when I had the stomach bug while on crutches with a broken foot and kitty wanted to upchuck on the couch.

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Years ago I lived in an apartment building. I was coming in one day and the guy down the hall ask me if I wanted a cockatiel. I said what? He said his girl friend moved out and didn't take it and he didn't want it. So I said ok you sure your girlfriend don't want it? he said no and he hurried off to get it for me.
    Well I can see why she didn't want it back and why he was so in a hurry to give it to me. At 3 am it started out soft then got really loud in it's imitation of the smoke detector!!!! I about died it wouldn't shut up! had to cover it with a blanket and stick it in the bathroom and shut the door.
    Seen him a few days later and I ask him was he girlfriend a good cook? He said no she was always burning stuff and laughed. I said Thanks and posted a sign down by the mail boxes Free bird to a good home. Make special sound effects!!

10. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    The beeping is telling you to change the battery. Did you try that?

Edit: should have read the whole thing [​IMG]

Chef

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by