styrofoam...a treat or not?

I wouldn't GIVE it to them, but trust me...if there's a piece of styrofoam anywhere on these 80 acres, my chickens will find it.

i wouldn't let them eat that... it's probably really bad for them. try a nice cabbage suspended from the roof of thier coop to keep them busy. not styrofoam.
hmm.png

I would imagine that it isn't good for them except the cornstarch ones wouldn't hurt them, on the other hand mine found an old ice chest in the yard when they were out once and had thier fill of it with no side effects that I could tell, But I asked the same question and it was suggested that maybe they will start laying eggs inthe carton now LOL

No--no--no please do not feed them styrofoam..
sickbyc.gif
I agree with the others--Hang a head of cabbage or letuce in coop and let them peck that around. Even a melon or something. Just b/c the babies like it doesn't mean it's good for them and they should have it...please give them something good and nutritious..it will be benifitial for all of you in the long run...
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Well, they like to peck at my shoes, but I'm not going to feed them shoes.
They like to peck at my wedding ring, but I'm not going to feed them gold.
They like to peck at my pants, but I'm not going to feed them clothing.
See where I'm going with this? They like to peck at everything, that doesn't make everything food.

Again, should you feed it to them? NO, absolutely not. Should you freak if they find a piece and help themselves? NO, absolutely not.

Back
Top Bottom