Styrofoam?

orangecatrex

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 9, 2009
I recently found out the hard way that my birds will eat almost anything. My husband left a large piece of styrofoam out for the trash pick-up but before the trashmen got it the birds had a round of snacks from it. Will it pass? Do they need medicine? It happened about a week or so ago and i have withheld any more styrofoam from them. No one seems in distress, but my main concern is will it pass.??? I haven't noticed any "droppings" with the foam.....

He said "I love styrofoam!!!"

Well mine goes crazy for it too and I have read from others that it just passes through them.... not a problem. I havent had any ill effects in my birds from eating it.

Mine have eaten it with no ill effects. I do try to keep it away from them noe that I know how much they like it. A diet of it can not be good in the long run so learn to say no to styrofoam.

The dumb birds love that stuff.

I put one of those faucet covers on my house and couldn't figure out why it had holes in it. The resident yard sharks had been pecking at it!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Yard Sharks that's so funny.
lol.png
Well gang thanks for the info. No one seems sick but just thought i'd aks.

Thanks again

Someone posted a while back that their hen had eaten a lot of styrofoam, and laid an egg that was speckled with the stuff.

Self-insulating, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom