Sub cutaneously injected with tylan, looks quite pink and puffy at injection site

If your chicken has a respiratory virus, antibiotics may not help. Tylan may help treat symptoms of mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG.)
Agree. It's also possible that if it is a bacterial infection that the Tylan is not effective on that bacteria. For example, is it's E. coli or pseudomonas aeruginosa, Tylan will not treat it.

How much does she weigh and how much did you give?
Under two pounds and she had about .4cc 2x. The open beak is my main concern and a cough. No wheezing.

Attachments

• A9982008-9D8F-4758-B052-32B6E62B7DEB.jpeg
    A9982008-9D8F-4758-B052-32B6E62B7DEB.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 2
This link explains it:
Withdrawal of Enrofloxacin for Poultry | FDA

I use it on my poultry, but since it's banned, I figure I should mention it.
Casportpony would you share your thoughts with me please about disregarding the Warning from the fda? I’m inclined to agree with you but need to understand. I got the baytril in the mail today and I’m a little nervous. Feel free to message me if you prefer.

Not sure what to say except that several vets have prescribed it, a couple made me promise I wouldn't eat the eggs, though one vet tech said they themselves eat the eggs, they just wait for a month. If your hen has a bacterial infection that is resistant to Tylan, Baytril is a good one to try. FWIW, I have peafowl here that have had blackhead in the past and they were treated with both Baytril and metronidazole (both banned for poultry) and I still eat the eggs.

If I were selling eggs or giving them away to people to eat, I would not use Baytril or metronidazole on those birds.

Back
Top Bottom