Sub cutaneously injected with tylan, looks quite pink and puffy at injection site

@Crabbylady, how's she doing? I forgot to mention that if she does not respond to the Baytril in 48-72 hours then she probably won't. If she does not respond it means that it's not a bacterial infection or that it's a bacterial infection that is resistant to tylosin, oxytetracycline, and enrofloxacin.

@Crabbylady, how's she doing? I forgot to mention that if she does not respond to the Baytril in 48-72 hours then she probably won't. If she does not respond it means that it's not a bacterial infection or that it's a bacterial infection that is resistant to tylosin, oxytetracycline, and enrofloxacin.
Thanks for asking. Only had one dose so far. Fingers crossed. We got her with this cough in the summer and it’s been a real challenge. I keep getting yelled at in another group (which I deleted my post) to never use baytril
And cull her. I will not do that. She acts fine and has an excellent quality of life. The others have already long since been exposed. Sigh.

Thanks for asking. Only had one dose so far. Fingers crossed. We got her with this cough in the summer and it’s been a real challenge. I keep getting yelled at in another group (which I deleted my post) to never use baytril
And cull her. I will not do that. She acts fine and has an excellent quality of life. The others have already long since been exposed. Sigh.
She’s the big mottled Black excuse the garbage can

Attachments

• 6BB56488-5EDB-4C08-95B0-5D70367ED2F3.jpeg
    6BB56488-5EDB-4C08-95B0-5D70367ED2F3.jpeg
    611.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 150CBF0D-D9E6-4957-95E0-27DC5A89DF75.jpeg
    150CBF0D-D9E6-4957-95E0-27DC5A89DF75.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 1
Sorry people are yelling at you, that's not cool :hugs , ignore them, or send them my way, lol. Not all respiratory and sinus infections are contagious, sometimes they're just infections from them aspirating a little dirty water. You should know if the Baytril is going to work after four doses, so if you don't see improvement after four doses, let me know.

Sorry people are yelling at you, that's not cool :hugs , ignore them, or send them my way, lol. Not all respiratory and sinus infections are contagious, sometimes they're just infections from them aspirating a little dirty water. You should know if the Baytril is going to work after four doses, so if you don't see improvement after four doses, let me know.
Terrific. Thank you thank you! I’ll report back. I appreciate the non judgmental support greatly.

So, she seems 15% better. Still coughing perhaps a drop less but also still has beak open on and off. Already done Tylan and oxytet (oxytet did clear it up till it returned two weeks later so either it didn’t truly clear it or she has it chronically now). So can she live a reasonably long life and also still lay eggs with an ongoing cough? I feel like she’s also slightly short of breath because she coughs when she runs most often. Also have used vet rx which was useless :(. What do we do next?

Back
Top Bottom