Submersible Aquarium Heater as heat source

nicalandia

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jul 16, 2009
Stuck In a Dream
My Coop
My Coop
I've been trying to make a DIY Incubator, I did one a few months ago but it was completely manual, I had to adjust the temperature as the day went by, I was wondering if an submersible aquarium heater would be a good source of heat source that is self regulating? I think the most I have seen is 35 C on them which is 95 F degrees. Anyone with experience with them?

Basically a short aquarium heater on a glass jar and on a small cooler.

I've been trying to make a DIY Incubator, I did one a few months ago but it was completely manual, I had to adjust the temperature as the day went by, I was wondering if an submersible aquarium heater would be a good source of heat source that is self regulating? I think the most I have seen is 35 C on them which is 95 F degrees. Anyone with experience with them?

Basically a short aquarium heater on a glass jar and on a small cooler.
They control water temp, not the heaters own temp. It will possibly catch fire and explode if it's left running out of water. I have made this mistake.
Please do not try it, you will definitely regret it🙏

They control water temp, not the heaters own temp. It will possibly catch fire and explode if it's left running out of water. I have made this mistake.
Please do not try it, you will definitely regret it🙏
It will be submerged in a self contained glass water jar and placed inside of a insulated cooler

Back
Top Bottom