Subscribed postings

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Tuffoldhen, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I'm having a problem with the subscribed posts I have coming into my e-mail box. Half go into the inbox and half are going into the junk mail. Any idea what the problem is? Never did this before. Just a nuisance really to retrieve the subscribed from the junk! [​IMG]

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i have had subsrbied topics go to the spam mail box to, i am using gmail and that has a good spam fillter, maybe to good?

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I have this happen every so often. I am with MSN e-mail. So maybe it has to do with their filters. I just keep saying that these e-mails are not junk, and a couple of times that will do it, and they will stop sending everything to the junk mail. But then sooner or later it will happen again. I really think it is a problem for your provider and not BYC. It seems to happen every time MSN upgrades something.

4. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Well, That's what I have always used MSN but it's never happened before when I upgrade. Just funny that half go to the reg. inbox and half to junk! lol

Thanks, atleast I know it's not just my mail!!!

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great questions. There are some things you can do, for example:

1) Mark the items as "not spam" vs. just moving them from your inbox. This tells the service that you really want the emails and hopefully it will learn.
    2) Add [email protected] to your contact list in your email account.
    3) Add the sender: [email protected] to your "safe sender list"
    4) Contact your ISP / email provider and ask them to whitelist the BYC email address and/or URL.

For gmail users, everyone should follow these two steps: http://www.googletutor.com/how-to-whitelist-in-gmail/

Here
    are some general instructions for the other email hosts. Just make sure to use backyardchickens.com as the domain you are whitelisting:
    http://www.simplify101.com/email-white-list.php

If everybody does this it will send a message to the providers that emails from BYC are legit!

6. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Well, I keep telling them it's a safe site [​IMG]

7. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    Quote:Well, That's what I have always used MSN but it's never happened before when I upgrade. Just funny that half go to the reg. inbox and half to junk! lol

Maybe its your computers way of saying your spending too much time here, cut your surfing in half .... a boss BYC filter! lol

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I had to go online to my ISP webmail and add BYC to that list. Even then sometimes they decide what is delivered to my mailbox, so I just use G-mail for just about everything.

9. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV

Maybe its your computers way of saying your spending too much time here, cut your surfing in half .... a boss BYC filter! lol

LOL I stay away as much as I can or I will get in trouble!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by