Such a blessing!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 8, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Our horrid summer has come to an end. We are now having a typical SW Arkansas fall, with temps. in the 80s during the day and slipping down to the 50s at night.

I am so happy when I go out to check on my chickens now. No more crowding up under the misters and hoses, looking half dead for them. No more loud breathing coming from the coops at night, as they try to stay cool.

Out checking on them just now I find the chickens everywhere. The have scattered out over approx. 5 acres immediately surrounding the house; in groups of twos and threes. Running here and there, being CHICKENS!

I am so glad that summer is over and I don't have go to bed each night wondering how many chickens I'll find dead the next day. [​IMG]

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Isn't it great to be able to open the window at night and go to sleep! It was downright cool this morning.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That's great Grits! It's not here yet but I'm hoping for the weekend to cool down!

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yes, I get so sick of that stale smell the house gets with all the windows closed tight and the A/C running non-stop. Not to mention the $200 electric bills.

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Amen. It's nice to just be able to walk to the coops without being covered in sweat.

Was about 60 here this morning.... Was sooo nice!

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Glad you finally cooled down. [​IMG]
    Course your fall weather would be hot summer weather here. We are looking at a possible indian summer. Supposed to get into the 90s the next couple days.

Imp- so is it safe to assume there will be no further wardrobe malfunctions? [​IMG]

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Now I didn't say THAT! [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Its getting too dang cold here already!!... [​IMG]

Redhen- never happy.

10. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'm still adding ice to the water its become a habit. The weather is good but we need rain. Texas is on fire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by