Such a disappointing day

Yeah but, mini donkeys are kind of small, and if she wants to get one to help keep her goats and stuff safe then size kind of has to matter. I am sure a bobcat could take out a mini donkey.

So i would think a llama, they are known to bond with their pasture mates and keep them safe, they have an alarm call and are mean enough to go after things. And they wouldnt eat all that much neither. Maybe a llama would work.
idunno.gif

I have never heard of such a thing as bobcat taking down a mini donkey. I suppose if it was a really little or young mini donkey it could happen but I have a hard time believing an adult mini donkey could be killed by a bobcat. In fact I used to live out on an old homestead in Texas and in this area a mountain lion routinely brought down full grown cattle, goats, livestock dogs(two male pyrenees at once), and at least two mother llamas (first one than a few months later the second one). But a rancher who lived between the two ranches that sustained the most losses kept a miniature donkey and he never lost a thing on his place. In fact when an individual wanted to go look at his prized appaloosa's he would have to drive that donkey onto a separate electric fenced area where the creature would pace and bray like a mad thing until he was allowed to go back with his buddies. I am not saying something couldn't happen, but from my observation mini donkeys are much meaner then standard sized ones. I think they are trying to make up for their size
wink.png

So sorry that happened, the picture was cute. A friend has 2 donkeys he keeps on his land and they will kill coyotes. I live in the city and wish I could have one to keep the neighbors dogs away!!

LOL I already have 4 dogs but they are spoiled rotten from their pre-country life. Seriously considering the llama

I have a spoiled dog as well, but I'm talking about a permanent out-door dog. My best friend, who also raises chickens, raises and shows game-bread pitbulls(the original pit, not the new mixes that they call pitbulls). I feel sorry for the bob-cat that enters his yard!

I'm not a fan of pitbulls at all(I have a Jack Russell), but I have seen them take down 400-lb wild boar with razor tusks like a frieght train. They have so much prey-drive it's crazy! As much as I do not like pitbulls, I would get one if needed. Probably cheaper than a llama or donkey to feed and maintain.

I have a spoiled dog as well, but I'm talking about a permanent out-door dog. My best friend, who also raises chickens, raises and shows game-bread pitbulls(the original pit, not the new mixes that they call pitbulls). I feel sorry for the bob-cat that enters his yard!

I'm not a fan of pitbulls at all(I have a Jack Russell), but I have seen them take down 400-lb wild boar with razor tusks like a frieght train. They have so much prey-drive it's crazy! As much as I do not like pitbulls, I would get one if needed. Probably cheaper than a llama or donkey to feed and maintain.

So true, We did have an outdoor dog for a while, but our room-mate pretty much ruined his training so we sent him to a rancher that would be able to use him the way he needed to be. Now that she is gone maybe we can look into getting another one to train.

Right now I have 1-pit/chihuahua mix he is about 45 pound and is one of the best dogs I have ever owned. The other is a Pit/Dane mix and she is one big love muffin, but I would not want to make her mad. LOL The others are a mutt and a rat terrier. The terrier is the one that is most protective.

So true, We did have an outdoor dog for a while, but our room-mate pretty much ruined his training so we sent him to a rancher that would be able to use him the way he needed to be. Now that she is gone maybe we can look into getting another one to train.

Right now I have 1-pit/chihuahua mix he is about 45 pound and is one of the best dogs I have ever owned. The other is a Pit/Dane mix and she is one big love muffin, but I would not want to make her mad. LOL The others are a mutt and a rat terrier. The terrier is the one that is most protective.

I told my friend(who breeds and shows pits) about your Pit-Chihuahua mix, and he almost had a heart attack! He said "I wonder how that happened?" (you could tell he was picturing a Pit and a Chihuahua having sex), and then said "Nevermind! I don't even want to know!". haha

It was too funny, had to share.

I told my friend(who breeds and shows pits) about your Pit-Chihuahua mix, and he almost had a heart attack! He said "I wonder how that happened?" (you could tell he was picturing a Pit and a Chihuahua having sex), and then said "Nevermind! I don't even want to know!". haha

It was too funny, had to share.

Urban Escapee -- so sorry for your loss and that your neighbors are self serving a$$wipes.

Out here in WA, there are SO many Chihuahua mixes. I think the male dogs run around with mini step ladders or something! They are prolific breeders!

Urban escapee So sorry for your losses. From what all you said neighbors dogs were what killed your birds. Most yotes will eat all they kill. Game cameras as suggested will tell you the culprits most of the time. Good luck with all of it. SSS if thats the case.

Well the guy from the state came out and he didnt put out any snares, too much potential for a neighbors dog to get caught up in one. He confirms that we have both bobcats and coyotes and that we should put out some box traps, then dispatch the critter. But on a good note, the neighbors can get their panties out of a wad.

Bologna, they should have set the trap. It is your neighbors responsibility to keep their dogs out of the trap!

Back
Top Bottom