1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Such a nice group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SheilaV, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SheilaV

SheilaV Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    I have been watching this forum for a couple of weeks now, as well as 2 or 3 others (on other topics). I have come to realize that his group is a very friendly and eager lot, full of encouragement and simple joy. I do not see that in the others. There I see a lot of pontification and one-upsmanship, but never here. Here I see people with NO experience, asking questions that to some may seem obvious, but I have never seen anyone belittle or chastise another for asking. You all take your flocks and efforts as seriously as any on the other sites, but not so seriously as to be arrogant or superior in any way. I have to say I am very honored and pleased to see that there are places like this, and I feel I must tell you just how proud I am of you all. Maybe it's this love you give to your feathered friends that the others are lacking ... maybe they should get some chickens !![​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How nice! Thank you and welcome to BYC, Sheila! [​IMG]

3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

4. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well, just like with any family, you'll see some squabbling here occasionally...lol. But you're right, it's a welcoming forum with a lot of great people, and the mods. here work hard to keep it that way [​IMG] Glad you joined - I know you'll learn and contribute a lot! [​IMG]

6. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    [​IMG]

You will learn more about chickens here than you ever thought there was to know...and enjoy it along the way!

7. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

I have to totally agree... I seem to join some type of forum everytime we get a new animal, just so I can get all the information I could possibly want/need.

This forum is the nicest and most active I have EVER joined. There seems to be knowledge from all over the world as well as lots of humor. It is nice to see that it has expanded to include other topics (Other Pets and Livestock, etc). Who needs the other forums now [​IMG]

[​IMG] BYC

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

9. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

10. QH Girl

QH Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    [​IMG] Welcome! I agree, the folks on this board are so helpful, even when you ask dumb questions that have been asked dozens of times before [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by