Such feathery feet, what is it?

MariposaMama

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Mariposa, CA
In our order of surprise breed pullets, we got three little grayish ones whose feet are growing the most amazing feathers. They will be three weeks old tomorrow and these guys have more feathers on their feet than on their bodies. Any guesses as to what breed they are?
The darkest gray has more feathers than this one, but this is the only one who would stand still for pictures.

DSCN2025.jpg

Also, there are five yellowish ones with some foot feathering, but it's not as extensive as the gray ones. There is one of the yellow ones on the left side of this pic. Any guesses as to the others' breeds would be appreciated, too.
smile.png

DSCN2019.jpg

It's either a Brahma or a Cochin PeeperKeeper...which was it? Both are separate breeds.

From the color and feathering on yours Mariposa, I'd say a Blue Cochin. OTHERWISE I'd say it was a Langshan, but Langshan's don't generally have as much foot feathering as yours is having. So, Cochin is my guess.

It looks like a self-blue cochin...possibly a splash instead...and probably a pullet from the look of her comb. Usually by 3 weeks, the cockerels are starting to get some pinkness to their combs. She's lovely!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom