Sudden Chicken Death Syndrome?

Quote:
I'm in MA and I brought a pullet to a local avian vet for a necropsy last Friday. It was $50. Unfortunately there was no obvious cause of death so they wanted to send out some tissue samples for further analysis. It's another $100. I can't afford not to do it, she was in with my rare breed birds. I also want to get NPIP certified so I might as well find out now if there's any bad news. I don't know if there's anywhere less expensive in eastern MA.

-Cindy

Hello
I'm new to this website and I joined because I was hoping to find help. I have lost four chickens and a rooster out of a total of 22 chickens and two roosters. The first one died about 3 weeks ago but the other four went this week, two in the same day. They seemed fine even up to an hour before dying, the only one I managed to get there in time to try to save had a fever and couldn't walk. She didn't make it. I'm panicked because they're dropping like flies, and I don't know what to do. They are kept in our barn in a 12x16 stall and they have a big outside area thats fenced to protect from wild animals. I'm afraid they will all die. Please help.

Chickens24:) :

Hello
I'm new to this website and I joined because I was hoping to find help. I have lost four chickens and a rooster out of a total of 22 chickens and two roosters. The first one died about 3 weeks ago but the other four went this week, two in the same day. They seemed fine even up to an hour before dying, the only one I managed to get there in time to try to save had a fever and couldn't walk. She didn't make it. I'm panicked because they're dropping like flies, and I don't know what to do. They are kept in our barn in a 12x16 stall and they have a big outside area thats fenced to protect from wild animals. I'm afraid they will all die. Please help.

Chickens24, is it possible that we can start a new thread for you? Just type this information into a new thread. (Bookmark this thread and hit the "PM" link beneath my name, or email me a [email protected] and I'll come help you there).

When you're making the thread, please take a moment to answer the questions from the second sticky thread in the Diseases forum. That information is required for us to take a really good attempt at helping your flock. When they ask for "weight" they really mean 'thin', 'fat', how sharply you feel the keel bone. We'll need for you to really look at your birds, too - check them for mites/lice, their weights, listen to random ones' breathing, etc. Let us know if you find anything.

If you do that, I promise to come start up the thread's numbers for you and help you. Thanks. It's just that these threads with one on top of another start to get confusing and I absolutely HATE leaving information out when you could benefit from it. I want you to get full attention.
smile.png

I just lost one of my 12 week old SLW today. She was fine in the AM but when I went out to let them free range at noon she was a little slow. Then I noticed that she just wanted to lay down all by herself. I kept checking on her and when I went out a 4 PM she was just lying on the grass. I turned my back for a second and when I turned around she was died.
I am upset and confused. I have her wrapped in a plastic bag in the refig..
She was so young and healthy from day one and now she's gone.

Back
Top Bottom