Sudden death

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
My older quail has been outside for three days now. This morning they were doing fine, came home to find on had died. No obvious injuries or anything. They had been eating and drinking just fine. The youngest out of the bunch just turned 4 weeks when I put them outside. He was one of the 4 week olds. Could it have been stress? The rest seem fine, but so did he when I saw them this morning.

What was the temp??

At four weeks they can still have issues regulating their own body heat. Lost a few because of that in the past.

If they get around water and get in it and get a chill they can go quick.

Sorry for your loss

What was the temp??

At four weeks they can still have issues regulating their own body heat. Lost a few because of that in the past.

If they get around water and get in it and get a chill they can go quick.

Sorry for your loss

Last night was low 40s during the day it was high 60s. I had read 4 weeks they should have been okay, but now feel bad that I should have kept them in another week. It was also raining off and on today but most of the enclosure is protected

:( my first time dealing with young birds... Its a learning process. It was one I hatched
It doesn't get better, it hurts every time, hopefully you learn from the mistakes and put them in that "rolladex" called a brain so next time you see it happening you can react quickly to rectify the situation.

Back
Top Bottom