Sudden death

Wow that's great advice. I've always dumped mine, purely to have a more functional container, but when I got chicks, I put the bag in the garage next to the brooder rather than dumping it (and it was Dumor, purchased in March :/ ) Thankfully, nothing bad has happened.

Was it purchased in march or manufactured in march? ours was manufactured in march, you can find it on the bottom of the sewn strip.

I’m so sorry! The exact same thing happened to my pet rooster! He was a three year old Cochin, and he seemed in perfect health. My sisters went to feed him, and he ate, mid bite, started flapping and cawing, and died. He still had food in his mouth, so it was quick. My mom is a vet, but even though I told her that he was losing weight, she couldn’t find anything wrong with him. I miss him sooooo much! He died while eating some Dumor food that we had mixed in for the new additions to our flock. He was the only one to pass away. It was also made in March, I believe, but my parents believe that he had a fever. RIP Doodle and un-named chicks of this thread. We do not believe that it was the food, though, because he had eaten it before with no issue.

Back
Top Bottom