Sudden deaths in my flock need help

I looked up neurological diseases in chickens. The head twisting makes me think that, plus obviously everything is controlled from the brain. Could it be Newcastle? I don't know how prevalent that is though so I could be way off base.

I looked up neurological diseases in chickens. The head twisting makes me think that, plus obviously everything is controlled from the brain. Could it be Newcastle? I don't know how prevalent that is though so I could be way off base.
Am suspecting that as well and am vaccinating them today one day earlier that their schedule date but the thing is other died without being paralyzed so am very confused. And thier necks are not twisted more of leaning to one side and i kinda noticed some kinda tremor on one of them.. right now i have 3 sick brids the rest are okay FOR NOW :hmm

Does the paralysis start at the feet and move its way up? Do they have access to any sort of rotting flesh (like a dead animal) or compost heap? I’m wondering if it could be botulism poisoning. Is there anything else that is toxic they could gave gotten into?
No they do not . Their placed a confined space with no interaction with the out wise except for the meshed wire vents and the door. And yes it starts from the feet but not sure about the moving upwards but i have seen der necks more den dey die after 2 or 3 days. Tilk now i have lost about 15 chickens

Sounds like you have a contagion occurring on your property. Loosing that many chickens is not normal. I would suggest you trace everything that had been going on with your chickens and your daily interactions with them. Please write down your observations or things you've done differently. Also include exactly what your feeding them, medications your using, anything note worthy. Time to play detective to figure out what's going on.

Please post your findings, so people here can get a better sense of how your managing your flock. And then they might be better to help you.

Sounds like you have a contagion occurring on your property. Loosing that many chickens is not normal. I would suggest you trace everything that had been going on with your chickens and your daily interactions with them. Please write down your observations or things you've done differently. Also include exactly what your feeding them, medications your using, anything note worthy. Time to play detective to figure out what's going on.

Please post your findings, so people here can get a better sense of how your managing your flock. And then they might be better to help you.
Okay well i have a flock of 650 birds and they have been with me for 31 days now. I have been giving them fortiviet(vitamins) 2 to 3 times a week for four weeks now. I will attach a pic of their death dates. I started giving them amprolium for the past 4 days the ones i have isolated and wer diying . the whole flock were vaccined "fowl pox" last Saturday. I will also attach the type of feed their taking (which is considered to be the best in my country).i started started giving them the "pullet development feed" 2 days ago but before that they wer taking the "rearing feed" for almost 29 day

The symptoms i have noticed are :-
* puffy neck feathers
* standing for hours without moving eatting or drinking
* 4 out of the 15 that died wer paralysed
* 85% of the chicken that died wer very small in size compared to the rest of the flock but 2 days ago 1 average size chicken died and today i have 2 more paralysed
*eventually towards the end they all are weak probably cuz dont eat much even tho i feed the with hand and give then water with a syringe
*some kinda had dark green litter

Attachments

• 20201225_122135.jpg
    20201225_122135.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201225_122119.jpg
    20201225_122119.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20201225-120556_My Poultry Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20201225-120556_My Poultry Manager.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 9
In what country are you located? Virulent Newcastles disease virus can be common in certain areas, especially in Asia and Africa. We don’t see it here is the US, except for a short outbreak in southern California 2 years ago. It causes sudden death without symptoms, respiratory signs, wry neck (torticolis) and other neurological symptoms, then death. Here is some reading about it:
http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/newcastle-disease

Back
Top Bottom