Sudden decrease

doxies1

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 16, 2010
West centeral Maryland
My chickens started laying heavier in Sept. and wer laying fine till the recent cold snap, (I have a light on them about 18 hours a day), as of the recent cold snap the production dropped about in half. No changes except the weather. I have pens of Marans, silkies, Houdans and cochins. Does anybody have any ideas of what might have happened?

I too have had this problem and I am in SE Ga. This past week we got down into the lower thirties and my egg count went from 12-15 per day last week to 4-6 this week. I was thinking that someone had been stealing them but now I am starting to think otherwise now that I know someone else has had this problem too.

enjoyin' my chickens :

I too have had this problem and I am in SE Ga. This past week we got down into the lower thirties and my egg count went from 12-15 per day last week to 4-6 this week. I was thinking that someone had been stealing them but now I am starting to think otherwise now that I know someone else has had this problem too.

It's happening here in Kentucky too. averaging 2 eggs/day from 13 chickens. We do not add lighting but even at that,two eggs a day???​

Back
Top Bottom