Sudden drop in egg production!

Same thing here near Baltimore...egg production has almost ceases in my 4 hens...don't have a rhyme or reason for it...no broody, no molting, plenty of sunlight, good food and water, clean coop...who knows why the chicken crossed the road...or didn't for that matter!?
hmm.png

Same thing here, in Mass...I usually get 13-14 eggs a day, I've gotten about 6 a day for the last few days. I am thinking it's the weather!

I have 24 one-year-old red sex link hens. They were laying excellently as of a week ago but their production has drastically dropped literally overnight! I got 22 eggs one day and then 12 the next day. I give them plenty of food and water and they have plenty of lighting. I don't see any signs of molting. They are free-range so I kept them up in their coop for three days thinking that they were hiding their nests out somewhere.Checked for signs of snakes under boxes and in the feed room area. Still getting 12-17 eggs a day. I can't think of what might be wrong with them! They all have bright red combs and moist nostrils and they are acting perky and healthy. We live in central Oklahoma. I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me on this.

Back
Top Bottom