Sudden vertigo

Attachments

• B3B7A85F-B656-44BF-A87F-72162AB3648B.jpeg
    B3B7A85F-B656-44BF-A87F-72162AB3648B.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 1
Please don't assume a small crack will not be aggravated by his eating style. Since he likely stabs at his foood due to his beak deformity and sight limitations hoping to hit something, he may put stress on the crack and it could worsen into something more difficult to repair.

I would be inclined to take proactive measures and use a drop of super glue on the crack to strengthen it.

Please don't assume a small crack will not be aggravated by his eating style. Since he likely stabs at his foood due to his beak deformity and sight limitations hoping to hit something, he may put stress on the crack and it could worsen into something more difficult to repair.

I would be inclined to take proactive measures and use a drop of super glue on the crack to strengthen it.
I agree, with you azygous at first I was a little too quick to respond.

He cannot. I’ll trim his feathers. He was a ok before turkeys ran around his coop. I think it scared him and he ran into something. Small crack in his beak
Try the trimming, see if that helps along with getting the vitamins (E and B vitamins) into him.
I agree, if the crack can be mended, that may be best. You may find this article helpful in mending the beak. https://the-chicken-chick.com/repairing-chickens-broken-beak/ When he's stronger and has recovered, then maintaining the beak by trimming and/or filing can also be helpful. Seems like birds with crossed/scissor beaks need a little TLC occasionally.

With the Turkeys running about his pen/coop, I would agree with you that he probably injured himself. A boink to the head on a crested bird can really cause some symptoms. Hopefully there's no lasting damage, but this is another reason why the vitamins were recommended. E and B vitamins (especially the E) can help support neurological symptoms.

Take time now, while he's recovering, to determine how you will remedy birds from harassing him while he's penned.
I keep Gamefowl roosters singly, they sure can do some damage to themselves when worried/harassed by up and coming stags or even if they are penned too close to one another (pen fighting). These birds are great, but they can flush/spook very easily as well, so I have to take care when approaching a single bird with something like a bag of shavings, a wheelbarrow, etc. I talk to them and let them know I'm coming, this helps a lot - seems like a no brainer, but sometimes when I'm concentrating on the chores at hand, I'm not all that chatty LOL
For birds that are near each other, I actually put up something that blocks their view. It can be something simple like a shade cloth, a piece of tin fixed to the outside of the run - anything that helps break up the view - this deters the ones on the outside from harassing them, but also makes the penned bird feel a little more secure.

Keep us posted on how he gets a long.

Try the trimming, see if that helps along with getting the vitamins (E and B vitamins) into him.
I agree, if the crack can be mended, that may be best. You may find this article helpful in mending the beak. https://the-chicken-chick.com/repairing-chickens-broken-beak/ When he's stronger and has recovered, then maintaining the beak by trimming and/or filing can also be helpful. Seems like birds with crossed/scissor beaks need a little TLC occasionally.

With the Turkeys running about his pen/coop, I would agree with you that he probably injured himself. A boink to the head on a crested bird can really cause some symptoms. Hopefully there's no lasting damage, but this is another reason why the vitamins were recommended. E and B vitamins (especially the E) can help support neurological symptoms.

Take time now, while he's recovering, to determine how you will remedy birds from harassing him while he's penned.
I keep Gamefowl roosters singly, they sure can do some damage to themselves when worried/harassed by up and coming stags or even if they are penned too close to one another (pen fighting). These birds are great, but they can flush/spook very easily as well, so I have to take care when approaching a single bird with something like a bag of shavings, a wheelbarrow, etc. I talk to them and let them know I'm coming, this helps a lot - seems like a no brainer, but sometimes when I'm concentrating on the chores at hand, I'm not all that chatty LOL
For birds that are near each other, I actually put up something that blocks their view. It can be something simple like a shade cloth, a piece of tin fixed to the outside of the run - anything that helps break up the view - this deters the ones on the outside from harassing them, but also makes the penned bird feel a little more secure.

Keep us posted on how he gets a long.
Thank you so much. He is grooming, stretching, less jerky movements. The turkeys usually mind their business but going to pen them. I work from home, he keeps coming as close to my chair as possible. We do have to tube feed the vitamin water. He won’t drink on his own yet, I helped him eat some. He is peeking up. Thank goodness, I didn’t sleep much last night. I truly appreciate your help. Bonnie, I thought he was a girl initially, is a bird that everyone picks on so he hangs with me. I made the mistake of putting him in a coop and not penning the turkeys. That won’t happen again

Attachments

• AB596EDF-6F03-42AE-BFE6-F735559C08FD.jpeg
    AB596EDF-6F03-42AE-BFE6-F735559C08FD.jpeg
    920.7 KB · Views: 2
LOL He's sticking close to you!

I leave stags (cockerels) loose with the ladies until they start making trouble, then have to pen or cull them (freezer camp:drool) The ladies do come visit the penned roosters, usually they don't pose many issues like older stags do, but I keep tabs on them too:)

Oh, believe me, we all make mistakes, I've made many and am still learning!

Last edited:

Thanks

LOL He's sticking close to you!

I leave stags (cockerels) loose with the ladies until they start making trouble, then have to pen or cull them (freezer camp:drool) The ladies do come visit the penned roosters, usually they don't pose many issues like older stags do, but I keep tabs on them too:)

Oh, believe me, we all make mistakes, I've made many and am still learning!
I laughed on this! Mr Bonnie likes the Roos in freezer camp 😂😂 I won’t eat the polish though!! And him, well he is like a puppy

Back
Top Bottom