Lazygardener....Speckledhen's Third Hand knowledge is here now so re-direct your snarkines this way. I will say this once and ONLY once nor will I discuss it. Fermenting feed is a controlled rot plain, simple, and fact. Fact 2, rotting food can go really wrong really fast. Fact 3...fermenting requires wetting feed, wet food and environmental effects means mold and botulism which equals dead birds. Fact 4...if an animal who eats anything from cold pizza, baked chicken and feed to nails, screws, and jewelry won't eat it...the animal is obviously the one with the smarts in the owner/animal group. Fact 5...the person whose birds started dying was my friend here in KY who called a couple days after she began feeding FF to her birds, including some age had just purchased from me. Their crops stopping functioning properly and the u r breath indicated sour crop. Necropsies of the ones that died confirmed sour crop and botulism. The smell was horrendous. The feed that was fermented was fresh mill feed. So feed what you want and consider yourself lucky...thusfar. but if animals are refusing to eat it...trust the animal to be a bit smarter than yourself about what's not right to eat especially when they will eat just about anything. For the record, I personally know 6 other people who tried FF and it killed theirs as well...diagnostic testing proved botulism as CoD. Yes my response was sarcastic, direct, to the point and not open for discussing because frankly I do not have the time to waste on silly. I call stupid for what it is. Remember...luck runs out. Just as I have suffered predator losses and Soeckledhen has not...she and I know it is luck and a mere matter of time....that us also fact for our environments. Have a nice day.