Suedelettes are 4 Weeks Old Now...Orps and OrpX's (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Ok, everyone, name that sex! Actually, I'm pretty sure the big red one and the largest black are male and there is one lone pullet (I hope at least there's a girl in this trio, LOL).

At first I was getting this type shot:
roll.png

DCP_5371.jpg

Then, they ran into the "hallway" of Suede's coop and were trapped. So, here are Rose, Baize and Ebony. I think Rose will need a new name, don't you? Looks more like a Roosevelt to me.
hide.gif

DCP_5372.jpg

DCP_5362.jpg

DCP_5361.jpg

DCP_5360.jpg

DCP_5358.jpg

DCP_5357.jpg

DCP_5356.jpg

DCP_5354.jpg

DCP_5353.jpg

DCP_5352.jpg

I agree. I think Rose is short for Pete Rose or Rosie Greer. Baize looks male (or is it Ebony?). Hey, at least there is one girl in the bunch! They sure have grown. Looks like they are eating well, for sure!

Well, if Cetawin doesn't take them (and I really do not expect her to take the boys), I'll find homes for them. Even the little Blue Orp x RIR/Buff Orp would be good for a red Orpington project. Pumpkinpup owns his brother.

The red chick's mother is a Rhode Island Red x Buff Orpington cross (exhibition size birds, very nice) and is a very big hen. His sire is my big blue Orpington, Suede.

Here is Meg, the mom of the red chick:

DCP_8882.jpg

The proud parents:

DCP_1945.jpg

hit.gif
hit.gif
I only see one girl
hit.gif
I think you should sell me Suede to heal my broken heart.
lau.gif

They are so gorgeous though dang it.

Last edited:
You mean to tell me, with all those sweet talkin' phone calls, you still have not talked her outta Suede? I thought you were working on his personal suite in the hotel you are building for the boys. Huh, what's up with that? Better get on that phone and do some more talkin' woman!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom