Gender guessing game- 4 & 6 week old chicks

Fluster Cluck Acres

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Mar 26, 2020
Frederick, MD
Who wants to make a gender guess for these chicks?

They are 6 weeks old. Dad is an Orpington mix.

Veronica- she has a full sibling, Penguin, who is DEFINITELY male. The two of them do not have the same characteristics. So I assumed she must be female. But her comb is red & large, and she has a very bold personality.
IMG_2112.jpeg
IMG_2111.jpeg
Madison- I’m leaning toward female due to the lack of red in the comb. Second pic shows Madison at 4 weeks old.

IMG_2120.jpeg

Miss Lippy is a 6-week old suspected cockerel. Shes bold to the point of being aggressive. Her wattle turned red at a young age, and the parts of her comb that aren’t black are more red than the others.
IMG_2110.jpeg IMG_2121.jpeg
Billy I’m not sure about. The comb is pink (might have black freckles). But the patterning on his chest I have only seen on my cockerels. Does the chest pattern mean anything?
IMG_2119.jpeg
IMG_2113.jpeg
Next is O’Doyle, who I realized I don’t have many great pics of. I’m really hoping for a pullet. Demeanor is calm & casual. Posture is very pullet-like. She has a black rose comb so I can’t really judge color or size well. O’Doyle is a full sibling to Miss Lippy.
IMG_2116.jpeg
IMG_2129.jpeg

The last chick I am curious about is Garry, who is only 4 weeks old. Compared to the other same-age chicks, she has the smallest comb. Im really hoping for pullet for this one, as she’s my only blue chick. Her comb is also dark. The red on her back/wings concerns me. Garry is a full sibling to Madison. What would you guess?
IMG_2117.jpeg
IMG_2118.jpeg
I know it’s early, but I always post updates, so you’ll know if your guess turns out to be right or not.

Back
Top Bottom