Suet for quail?

CaloosaBirds

Chirping
Nov 22, 2016
I make suet for my wild bird population regularly. I suddenly thought, could I make it for my quail? I just restarted quail after moving, but I've been raising them for years now. Never made suet where I used to live, which is why it just occurred to me. I thought, I could even put their crumble in the mixture. And hanging it from a basket in their cages could be amusing for them. So, yeah, has anyone done this? If so, what sorts of things do you put in it?

I don’t make suet but I do give both my Coturnix and Bobwhite canary seeds in the fermented food but only once in a while as treat, they go crazy over it. I just mix them both before giving it to the quails.

I don’t make suet but I do give both my Coturnix and Bobwhite canary seeds in the fermented food but only once in a while as treat, they go crazy over it. I just mix them both before giving it to the quails.
Good to know!

Quick question, is "canary seeds" a mix for canaries?

Back
Top Bottom