Suffering from perosis

Can you please post some photos of the pullet and several of her leg?
How long have you had her?
A video of her walking/moving around, in addition to the photos may also be helpful. Upload video to YouTube and provide a link.

Has she always had Perosis and it was left untreated?
What do you feed including treats?

1601094432497803002967.jpg
160109449596360725914.jpg
These are her pictures she is 5 months old and was hatched by natural brooding. I give her government sold certified starter and grower feed. This problem started when she was a month old with her knee bending and it gradually progressed and also she was born with no third toe on both her legs. She doesn't walk, but crawls by flapping wings.Last month I took her to a veterinary clinic and they told me that it couldn't be cured. But for the past week she is not properly feeding on the grower feed and I give spinach and onion as treats thrice a week.Lately she is only feeding on her treats only.Can she lead a happy life? because it is aganizing to watch her crawl.

If the vet said there that it couldn't be cured, then I would believe them.
She likely has a leg bone deformity in addition to hatching with the missing toes. Leg bone deformities generally cannot be fixed.

A chicken is meant to be active, scratching about and not crawling around. It's really up to you to determine whether she has any quality of life, if she doesn't, then cull her.

If the vet said there that it couldn't be cured, then I would believe them.
She likely has a leg bone deformity in addition to hatching with the missing toes. Leg bone deformities generally cannot be fixed.

A chicken is meant to be active, scratching about and not crawling around. It's really up to you to determine whether she has any quality of life, if she doesn't, then cull her.
I guess I have no other choice but to cull her because her condition is only getting worse.Anyway dude thanks for your reply

Back
Top Bottom