Suggest a OEGB hen to me please

I have two Crele OE broody and a Spangle that just hatched four chicks three days ago. I hatch out about 300-500 OE in the bator each year,but when I get done hatching I just leave the eggs in the nest and you can count on a few of them going broody once they get about 5-7 eggs.

Thanks y'all. I don't really want a cochin, don't know why but they just don't appeal to me. Guess cuz I already have a bunch of feather footed chooks running around in the yard.

Quote:
I love your crele... just love them
frow.gif

I am new to chicken but I have notice that my 1st oegb hen wont go broody in a large nest box, she is sitting in a smaller bx right now with 8 eggs under her. Same thing with one of my serama hen.

If you order OEGB from Ideal and want two pullets make sure you order a bunch cause when I ordered from them, hoping to get a trio i played it safe and ordered 12 and only got 1 pullet out of it. Unless they changed it you have to get the st. run. Also with the silkies I ordered 5 st. run and they were all roos.

Quote:
Now that's discouraging! I managed to snag a couple of silkies to go with my order coming June 9th. Only ordered two, sure hope that they're not both roos! (And that they make it alright in a box with 12 standards!)
fl.gif

Quote:
Now that's discouraging! I managed to snag a couple of silkies to go with my order coming June 9th. Only ordered two, sure hope that they're not both roos! (And that they make it alright in a box with 12 standards!)
fl.gif

I wouldnt worry about losing any from shipping. I have never lost anything from Ideal they do a good job. They also send lots of extra males for warmth which I sold and made enough to pay for the order. One silkie that was sent had jacked up legs though and died and they gave me a refund. Ideal has always been good to me but just not very good quality birds as my blue wheaten OEGB have no blue on them.

Quote:
fl.gif

I wouldnt worry about losing any from shipping. I have never lost anything from Ideal they do a good job. They also send lots of extra males for warmth which I sold and made enough to pay for the order. One silkie that was sent had jacked up legs though and died and they gave me a refund. Ideal has always been good to me but just not very good quality birds as my blue wheaten OEGB have no blue on them.

Yes all of my original chicks from Ideal are now two years old and running around in the fields out back. Had excellent results with them the first go round. I was just worried about the two little bantams in with 12 standards.
BTW, I asked that no males be included for warmth and I paid the small amount of shipping insurance for that service. The chicks are coming in June and it's already hot as the dickens here, so I don't think heat is going to be a problem.
So I'm getting two silkies and no OEGBs, although I do like the looks of the OEGBs.

Back
Top Bottom