Suggestions for a VERY muddy run?

Pics
We're in WNC. We've had lots of rain this winter. No snow but so much mud. The poo soaked straw is gross and smelly. It freezes, it thaws. It freezes, it thaw. Thaws by rain. Repeat over and over...

I removed the soaked straw. It went to the compost bin. Added coarse sand and more straw. It drains better now. Not perfect but better. Rain is still an issue so I laid down a few 1 x 4 boards I had laying around. The girls love it. When the new straw is wet they stay mostly on the boards. It's almost like a game for them. I am addressing drainage soon. It will be a big project though. Until then, the boards will do for rainy days.

We're in WNC. We've had lots of rain this winter. No snow but so much mud. The poo soaked straw is gross and smelly. It freezes, it thaws. It freezes, it thaw. Thaws by rain. Repeat over and over...

I removed the soaked straw. It went to the compost bin. Added coarse sand and more straw. It drains better now. Not perfect but better. Rain is still an issue so I laid down a few 1 x 4 boards I had laying around. The girls love it. When the new straw is wet they stay mostly on the boards. It's almost like a game for them. I am addressing drainage soon. It will be a big project though. Until then, the boards will do for rainy days.
Sounds cute , I’d like to see a picture of them all walking on the boards 😍

Back
Top Bottom