suggestions for eggs we won't eat?

tygab

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
MA/NH border
we have some eggs that we won't eat as a precaution (after treating the flock with some meds) for a little bit. is there a good way to dispose of them? can they be hardboiled and composted, or composted directly?

If you are afraid to eat them, I don't think it would be ethical to put them out where wild animals could get them.

You could save them for Easter decorating.

They can be composted, but you will very likely draw critters to your compost heap you don't want. And they will stink pretty bad, especially raw but also boiled. I would not do it. I only put vegetable matter in the compost heap, and chicken poop, of course.

I don't have a good suggestion as I would probably put them in the garbage. I would not feed them back to the chickens. Why reintroduce the meds to the chickens' system when you are trying to clear the chickens' system so you can eat the eggs.

yes, we definitely don't want to feed back to the chickens since that leaves us in the same boat. Guess we will just hardboil and toss them. Thanks.

Do you have a garbage disposal? Eggs go down easily.
smile.png

Could the dogs have them? I was told that you can hatch them fine, so maybe you could try that. if you dont have an incubator, you could probably send them to someone.

Does anyone know if you can hatch them? The guy I was talking to had given them a coccidiostat

Back
Top Bottom