Suggestions for placement within coop

nickey

Songster
10 Years
May 16, 2013
We converted part of an old shed into an emergency dog run, it has since been converted into a cat enclosure until the cats know this home. Once its no longer used for thr cats, we want to turn it into a chicken coop. The outside run is a sturdy chain link dog kennel with chicken wire over the top. We have filled in all the major gaps we can scrap wood and hardware cloth. It has 2 doors that I will cover/seam the edges etc with hardware cloth prior to chickens. Ultimately we plan on framing both doors and adding screen type doors with hardware cloth to increase ventilation. I'm hoping to get suggestions on where you'd place roosts and nest boxes. How much of existing interior structures to leave etc.

20230601_184721.jpg
20230601_184706.jpg
20230601_184656.jpg
20230601_184634.jpg

Can you do a to-scale drawing of the space you're working with? The photos are helpful but don't give us measurements.

I assume there's no ventilation other than the black gate/fence? Or if there is, where is it and how much of it is there?

Can you do a to-scale drawing of the space you're working with? The photos are helpful but don't give us measurements.

I assume there's no ventilation other than the black gate/fence? Or if there is, where is it and how much of it is there?
I will try some drawings this weekend. There are 2 areas of hardware cloth over the door that wasn't in the picture. One is probably 4ft long by 8 inched high, the se ond is 5 - 6 ft triangular shaped with height being just a couple inches on the short end and 6 - 8 inches on the tall side.

Back
Top Bottom