Suggestions for trail camera for predators

More opossums caught!! The day or two after catching the first we caught a second-well actually the neighbor's dog got it. Then today we got a third one. How many opossums are there? Anyone have info on what kinds of groups they live in? Packs? Families? How many can there be?

If you have said what you are doing with them once caught, I must have missed it. But what are you doing with them?

If snuffing, then you have a plethora of possums. If releasing, it's possible you are catching the same one.

If you have said what you are doing with them once caught, I must have missed it. But what are you doing with them?

If snuffing, then you have a plethora of possums. If releasing, it's possible you are catching the same one.
Definitely not the same opossum!! The one we caught today was about twice the size of the first two. The first and second were different colors. I'm not sure where they are coming from but I suspect the wooded areas around our farm. We did set up a camera to learn as much as possible. Oddly we never had this problem until this year. We've had skunks, a family of raccoons, and lots of woodchucks in past years. Those have all disappeared and now we have opossums.

As far as game cameras go, this is my recommendation.

The more LED's the better. Also I get better pictures from my low-glow cameras than my no-glow cameras. Youtube has some good videos on different cameras. Most cameras will take fine daytime pictures but nighttime pictures are another thing. I have a couple of these cameras and they take very good nighttime pictures.
A couple of coyotes. I live on a dead end road.
DSCF0001tues 03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom