Suggestions needed 3 broody hens

Kind of... in the day I just put some pieces of wood underneath, and have it out in the garden (they free range) but then at night the roosts serve both to let the air flow, and also its where she would normally roost when not broody, which I have found to help.
Ah, okay. Tnx!

Got
Kind of... in the day I just put some pieces of wood underneath, and have it out in the garden (they free range) but then at night the roosts serve both to let the air flow, and also its where she would normally roost when not broody, which I have found to help.
Gotcha Thank you!

My 2 broody breaker pens are separate from the coop and in the barn. Mine are typical off the ground with a screen bottom. They always food and water. I found my hens can take 5 to 7 days. I dont use them a lot but Im glad I have them for the few times I do. Mostly I love to see a few hens in the flock with chicks.

I have 1 extra large dog kennel can I put all 3 in there until they break?
Yes you can, provided there's enough room for them all to move around, and that they're not so cranky that they can't get along. I've broken 2 at once in a 4x4 mini exercise pen.
I do have a question on breaking the broody. Do I put her in the crate and not let her out at ALL for the few days?
I let mine out twice a day so they can walk around a bit and I can clean under the crate if needed, and refill food and water. If they immediately beeline for the nest I put them back in very quickly, otherwise they can stay out for 15, 20 minutes. But you do not need to let them out at all, that's just what I do.

Back
Top Bottom