Suggestions on rehab of extreme curled toes/ splayed legs 6-8 week old chick

I have a GinnyRon for the same reason. She was a kindergarten dropout - one of two chicks left over after a classroom hatching. That Spring, all of our new bird names were Harry Potter-themed, GinnyRon was a vivid redhead, so naming him/her after a Weasley was a no-brainer. By the time we knew "it" was a "she," the silly little girl already knew her name, so it stuck. She's a gorgeous New Hampshire Red hen - and true to the Weasley family name, she's a friendly, social gem!
Hahaha such a wonderful name haha

Even though no one is replying I’m going to keep updating lol.
So I made a mistake last night and left her in her sling but that wasn’t really the issue. She tends to kick her legs out in front especially with the brace and since the temperature dropped a little lower and she or he can’t keep her legs warm they were very icy cold. I warmed her for a the day and brought her inside. Adjusted the feet wraps and then we sat outside later on. I’m going to make a small box for sleeping to ensure her feet do not get too cold.
It’s only been a few days but no improvements.
I’m torn between trying and giving up. She still seems to be in no pain, eats well and trills when satisfied. Idk…one of my goslings seems to like her always sits down next to her but it’s just no life to have if she can never walk and I’m not sure what an appropriate time line for healing would be
I have a seven week old chick with the same issues. I'm torn on whether to cull her. Any update from your situation???

I have a seven week old chick with the same issues. I'm torn on whether to cull her. Any update from your situation???
He’s completely better it’s amazing! He has a little limp that’s it. But he can run and is just super happy. He even has a little wife he bonded to now. I listed everything I did a few posts back here are some updated photos I just took! I just love him I’m so happy for him!

Attachments

• 5A1EEDCA-2BF1-4418-962B-5AE15C34A358.jpeg
    5A1EEDCA-2BF1-4418-962B-5AE15C34A358.jpeg
    974.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 057C15ED-5F9C-45F5-ADF9-0EFE418AA53B.jpeg
    057C15ED-5F9C-45F5-ADF9-0EFE418AA53B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 796AE3B6-6960-41EA-A643-8AF61CAE50A8.jpeg
    796AE3B6-6960-41EA-A643-8AF61CAE50A8.jpeg
    788.2 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom