sulmet dosage?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tiki244, Oct 1, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Well I called Foys and even though they have Baycox in the catalog, they can no longer sell it.

He said he had a product called Coccizet which is Amprolium and ethotabate ( a 250ml for 28.95 )

I The Silkies look ok (hard to tell if they are pale)

But I am worried about the leghorn babies. I have the heater on them now and the seem like their feathers are not so fluffed but they are pale.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. packinaglock

packinaglock Songster

Sep 8, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Quote:The liquid I got said two table spoons per gal.

3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    In answer to your question (about the e.coli) yes.
    Whatever you decide do it quick >>>cocci damages the intestines .sometimes irreparably which will affect your birds ability to absorb nutrients if this happens... and make sure if you buy the product for pigeons that you know the correct dosage for chickens.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They seem to be getting better formed poops now today finally. I suppose this means they will have a lifetime of problems absorbing nutrients. I suppose I need vitamins but not too many. Hmmm. Will have to see about that in a few days.

Well at least they are all nice and toasty now. Luckily the coop hasnt burned down yet. lol I am going to get a bulb soon so that heater wont be needed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: