Sulmtalers Thread

Pics
Wow maybe I did it wrong. I just dug the hole big enough to put the gallon jug size root in and deep enough to cover it by maybe an inch over. Maybe your trees are a lot bigger than mine? My hole was probably 12" around and 18" deep. Our soil here in Alabama is wonderful and it was wet too from the rain so a very easy dig.

You're soil may be "soft" enough that the size of hole you dug was adequate, but rule of thumb is twice the size to allow the young roots to get started in loosened soil.

thumbsup.gif
A few raw nuts every day.

Oddly I have improved my diet and that of my family's a bit more since learning about better feeding for the chickens. Win-win.

Last April I planted over 50 fruit trees and bushes. I am looking forward to getting fruit. Some were 5 year old trees. There are acorns and hickory nuts in my front yard. Are these ok to crack and throw to the chickens? I have read good and I have read bad.

:thumbsup   A few raw nuts every day. 

Oddly I have improved my diet and that of my family's a bit more since learning about better feeding for the chickens. Win-win.

Will you have sweetgrass eggs for sale? They are lovely and DH wants turkeys....I about fell over when he told me that. I think he secretly likes the Sulmtalers too, just won't admit that he likes MY chickens, LOL.

I have a new pair of RW Sulmtalers, they are beautiful, compliments to Sunbird farms. I have been checking the nest box every day hoping to see my first egg.

Back
Top Bottom