Sulmtalers Thread

Pics
My sister received a trio of white Sulmtalers this spring. Unfortunately she lost the cockerel a couple of weeks ago.

I received one lonely Sulmtaler cockerel, but he isn't white.

So my question is what do we get if we breed these two colors together?

Also what is his color called?
He is called Gold Wheaten, but some people call that red wheaten. Personally I would not breed the white and the wheaten together. You will never get the colors correct again without a serious amount of culling. But most likely all the chicks will be white but with some gold leaking through.

If you are just doing it for your own personal flock, then it would be ok. However, if you are selling them, you should inform the buyer that the color may not breed true.

He is called Gold Wheaten, but some people call that red wheaten. Personally I would not breed the white and the wheaten together. You will never get the colors correct again without a serious amount of culling. But most likely all the chicks will be white but with some gold leaking through.

If you are just doing it for your own personal flock, then it would be ok. However, if you are selling them, you should inform the buyer that the color may not breed true.

That is what I figured. If anyone is looking for two white pullets feel free to pm me. They are from Greenfire farms and they are suppose to release this color this summer.

Hello
What is the black spot on the head of the Gold Duckwing Sulmtalers? I just hatched 4 and they all have black bots on there head.

Not positive on that one.  I just hatched out about 20.  Going to legband those with spots and see what they grow up to be.
I don't have any notes from mine so I know for sure . my next hatch will be blue wheaten to blue wheaten so maybe I'll see a Pyle if I'm lucky

Last edited:
I have group that just started laying this week for sale. Seven hens and two roosters. All the girls have blue on them. They are from two GFF batches and are 5-6 months old. If anyone near Sacramento is interested please pm me.
Here are some pics.

Christine Rare Feathers Ranch Herald CA

Someone posted on the Facebook page about them being pullets. I didn't take any notes on them at that stage.
So I just looked at the latest batch. Some of the black dots on the head are boys and some are girls. Because they are Wheaten, you can sex by wing color as soon as the feathers start to appear.

Back
Top Bottom