Sultan after frostbite

ford8n

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 16, 2014
Eagle WI
I have a 9 month old white sultan named Siri that just lost both her feet to frostbite. She lives as a house pet and is learning to get around without her legs.

Siri's story:

Siri lost both of her legs to frost bite at the beginning of the year. Siri is a perfect example of chickens having lots of personality. She is just a big sweetie that likes peach yogurt. If you are looking for an awesome breed of chicken I would highly recommend the White Sultan.

I will keep the updates coming,

Eli

P.S. Does anyone have ideas for some treats I can give Siri until the snow melts?

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry about your bird. These things happen. We would love to see her picture!

Here is the treat chart of different goodies that you can offer her...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-treat-chart-the-best-treats-for-backyard-chickens

You also might like to join in on this active thread, the House Chicken thread. They would love to talk to you and see your baby!...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299187/people-with-house-chickens

This thread has been very active for a few years.

Good luck with your baby!

I'm sorry Siri lost her legs to frostbite, but it is nice that she has a place in your home. It is amazing that she is learning to get around. It would be great to get updates on her progress.

Here is a picture and a video

0.jpg

Wow, she gets around pretty decently. It looks like it was her feet and just some of the leg that was affected. I wonder if something could be made to help protect the end of her legs and help a bit with stability like out of silicone. I heard about something like that on TV for a duck who lost his feet. Siri does look like a sweet chicken, and her personality shines.

Awww.....she looks like a real sweet heart! And yes, she does pretty good getting around! She may get better as time goes on. But you might look into something as Scratch n Peck mentioned that might help with her feet.

What a sweety! Thanks for sharing!!

He has been doing great. When I let him outside, he follows me everywhere. If if start up the tractor, he flies into my lap wanting to go for a ride.

Back
Top Bottom