Sultan? But no fifth toe?

Still look like tufts to me.
Araucana and sultans...not breeds I have experience with.
But if you bred a white Araucana with a sultan, I could definitely see it looking like that. And it would also explain not having the extra toe?

Araucana and sultans...not breeds I have experience with.
But if you bred a white Araucana with a sultan, I could definitely see it looking like that. And it would also explain not having the extra toe?
Yep.

I'm not super familiar with either breed either, but I do believe Araucanas are more common over there than they are here. That's why I asked for location.

I'm sure there is a beard under that chin.
(I can't say whether there are tufts in addition.)

About toes: maybe pick up the chicken and take a photo of the bottom of the foot? Sometimes they are easier to see from that direction.

I'm pretty sure that comb doesn't look like what's usual for a Sultan, but it might just be the effect of having a smaller-than-usual crest.

I'm sure there is a beard under that chin.
(I can't say whether there are tufts in addition.)

About toes: maybe pick up the chicken and take a photo of the bottom of the foot? Sometimes they are easier to see from that direction.

I'm pretty sure that comb doesn't look like what's usual for a Sultan, but it might just be the effect of having a smaller-than-usual crest.
There does appear to be a beard as well. It's kinda making it hard to see if there's tufts or not. But I'm pretty sure there is.
I do think the mix of those two breeds would make sense...more so than any other breeds I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom