sultan cant stand

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by karhernandez33, Feb 5, 2014.

1. karhernandez33

karhernandez33 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    wichita falls texas
    I'm thinking thatshe is too cold ( its been snowing and very cold even when they have shelter ) she is only 5 months old looks like there is a little blood on her feet some on her feathers but no wounds... she just puffed up and leans on her tail to hold her up

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Do you have an enclosure you could put her in with some deep clean bedding like shavings or straw, hay, or even newspaper shreds? Something that you could cover to stay warm, where she can still hear and see the others but have a little protection if she needs it. I don't know what it could be...how cold is it there? Maybe frostbite...

3. karhernandez33

May 24, 2010
    wichita falls texas
    I brought her in the house as soon as I seen her .I can put her in a box with hay ..but she can't hear the others.... also she has very runny poo

4. karhernandez33

May 24, 2010
    wichita falls texas
    16 °f but feels like -3

5. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Birds can go down hill quickly when they are stressed. If she is fluffed up it could mean she is running a fever. Balance issues could be dehydrated or one symptom of many different illnesses/diseases chicken can get. You should get her out of the cold and try giving her some cooked scrambled egg - mashed up, and plain regular yogurt with some childrens poly vi sol vitamins or poultry vitamins would be good too. The sooner you start helping her the better chance she will recover. Good Luck.

6. karhernandez33

May 24, 2010
    wichita falls texas
    I tried to give her water I had to drip it in her mouth ... how can I get her to start drinking

7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Keep her in a warm room, 80-85 degrees and maybe she'll start drinking on her own.

-Kathy

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Or you could learn how to tube feed.

-Kathy

9. pwand

pwand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    Make sure she isn't egg bound or a prolapsed vent. You said you seen blood, check her vent.

10. karhernandez33

May 24, 2010
    wichita falls texas
    K ... thanks I'll keep her in the warmest room and hope for the best

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by