1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sultan Hen with Wry Neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by spike844, Jun 8, 2011.

1. spike844

spike844 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    Virginia beach, VA
    Hello, I have a 1 year old sultan hen. About a month ago she had an eye problem and I took her to the vet and got that solved. Then about a week ago, she got lice and mites and that took a toll on her. She is still trying to get over them (going to get adams flea and tick spray). But just a few days ago she wasn't acting normal at all. She kept wanting to be in a nest box. So I moved her into a dog crate in the garage with food and water. She has been there for about two days and is showing symptoms of wry neck. She is losing control of her head/neck and is almost want to roll. She wasn't wanting to eat so I mashed up some pellets and water and gave her pea-size drops on the inside of her beak and she ate them *VERY HAPPY* I also gave her a few drops of water. I'm going to get vitamin E and selenium and I have some B-complex(already put it in her drinking water). How do I give her the vitamin E and what should I do? Thanks in advance.

-Noah

2. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    bump

3. spike844

spike844 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    Virginia beach, VA
    bump. Think I found out what to do from another post.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by