Sumatra gender help...updated pics

Pics
Thanks! She’s been laying once a day. I’m guessing aside from going broody at some point she’ll also take a break eventually right? I’ve always heard they’re not the best layers

They are kind of seasonal layers. Mine lay from early spring into early fall. Then they stop. They will try to set if they can get a on a few eggs.

They are kind of seasonal layers. Mine lay from early spring into early fall. Then they stop. They will try to set if they can get a on a few eggs.
Ahh I get it. So during laying season they will lay but what makes them poor layers is they don’t lay year round?

She’s a girl! I figured she was too young to lay so I haven’t been checking in her coop except when I clean it. Well this afternoon I saw an egg next to the silkie by the feeder which is downstairs in their run. The silkie is like 4 months old...must be Birdie! Looked in the coop and sure enough there was 4 more! Couldn’t believe it. I thought she was too young to lay. So I moved the cardboard boxes I had blocking the nesting boxes. My coop has 3 nesting boxes and I unblocked them all. Hopefully she uses them to lay eggs in instead of using them as condos to sleep and poop in like I think she will lol.
Congrats on it being a girl. Yeah they are pretty poor layers I usually get an egg every other day. My 2 blue females seem to lay every day in a secret nest and sometimes in the coop but my black and splash lay every other day. Do you have any pis of the egg? I would like to see them.

Back
Top Bottom