Sumatra Thread!

I am not against it but I think it is cheating especially if your parents are doing it for you and giving you there best birds. it's is not coming from you! it is much better to select them and do it yourself. not to sound selfish but when I see this happening I feel upset. my parents knew nothing about chickens so as you can see I started from scratch and worked my way up.
i started from scratch and worked my way up too? my parents knew nothing about chickens we learned from the best and that is how i met Tom and got lots of birds from him. and i am not a 4H leader. I am a 4H senior member. I have had birds for 7 years and over the years i have bought from some of the biggest names around whether it was for sumatras or for my 15 other breeds of poultry and that is what i try and teach my other members since i am the president of my club and the most experienced

I feel the same. Parents showing thier kids birds annoys me, as well as 4h members showing their leaders birds when it's not an open show.
I have seen all the above. The worst is the kid showing a parents birds and the kid is disinterested. You know they don't want to be there. The parent is all excited about showing their birds under the kid at 4h. Sad. If a new 4h'r gets a start by showing someone else's bird the first year what's the harm. It gets them started.

Show
shown only twice at County fair. Won best of breed and best of class both times and best standard this year. She is our only sumatra, my daughter and I really want to breed her but don't have a rooster. Any one willing to ship me a beautiful black roo?
I have a couple of Roo's I am not using, The one I am thinking of is from Richard Schrock lines, I am kinda busy with a sick foal and work, so might not be able to get pics till Sunday, but would give him to you free if you pay shipping. I will take pics of the others also and you can choose. Let me know if you would be interested and I can email you pics

Zach N houdan then I guess we are not so different. I have also have had chickens for 7 years as well.
smile.png
I started out with a bunch of laying hens and new nothing on what the judge was looking for or even how they judged them. then I meet a poultry judge and he told me a lot about that stuff. if you are a part of the american sumatra association then you must have read my story. they had published it on their news letter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom