Sumatra Thread!

Are any breeders with Sumatras going to be at the Ohio Nationals next month? I will go if I can arrange with anyone to get a pair of Sumatras..... you can pm me if you like or reply back here!!! Thanks!!!!!

Quote:
There will be some there, and might be some for sale in the sale section. Try looking on the Ohio Nationals website. They might be able to help you with who is taking some.

Just put 11 eggs in the incubator!
fl.gif

Could some one who has experience in showing give me some tips on presentation with showing?
On the 19th i'm going to a show with 3 light sussex hens and a golden brahma cockerel.

Good luck with your eggs 4Hgirl

One of the show contestants.

A drawing of mine.

A old English game i drew.

probably my best drawing of a la fleche

well if you are going to show. this is what you will need to do:
1. make sure the chickens you are showing don't have any DQS and bad defects you can look at the standard for that.
2.look at the chickens feathers make sure that there are no broken tail or wing feathers .
3. De-worm and De-lice chickens.
4. Three days before the show give then a bath. Baby shampoo works well on chickens.
5. At the show you need to polish up the chicken . using olive oil and rub that on their combs, faces, and the legs. Get the fine horse spray conditioner to make the feather really glossy.
6. the chickens will be in cages so the judge will take them out and examine them.

I am also showing at the Sussex show !! I'm bringing 15 birds to show and 5 for sale and you do not have to bath your birds unless they are dirty. in this cold I do not recommend bathing unless apsolutly needed and the horses pray is called show sheen be careful when u use it because if it is dusty and windy then the shaving with stick to the birds

Back
Top Bottom