Sumatra Thread!

wow great job!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks everyone for congratulating me! I did not take photos of him but I will when I get a chance. @Ramirezframing it was a 4h show in NJ I wish I was at the ABA national in TN! By the way is anyone a member Of the American Sumatra Association? I just joined and I am very happy I did! Also is anyone planning on attending the Delmarva Fanciers show, Susquehannah or Sussex show in the spring.

Thanks everyone for congratulating me! I did not take photos of him but I will when I get a chance. @Ramirezframing it was a 4h show in NJ I wish I was at the ABA national in TN! By the way is anyone a member Of the American Sumatra Association? I just joined and I am very happy I did! Also is anyone planning on attending the Delmarva Fanciers show, Susquehannah or Sussex show in the spring.
I am looking forward to the pics of you bird......I bet he's pretty.
I go to shows to see the birds and chat with friends about the birds
and what we see in them as well as to see how the judges like
the birds at the show.......it does keep me up what the trends and
changes are. in fact I plan on going to one next weekend and
hope to see some sumatras as well as other breeds.

Quote:
Just got done looking at some photos from a friend of some birds and the amount of birds that were there at the TN show. Looks like it was a pretty good turn out even with the weather.

Cubakid, how's your australorps doing now? Will you get to show any of them?

Australorps are great, but not as great as Mr. Sherman's cockerels, but I did take 1 and 2 on Pullets against his. But the sudden drop in temps is creating for a spree of colds in all the birds so no more showing till mid January. Hasn't been a great year but were pushing on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured it probably came from way-back. I opened the thread on my phone's browser, and that was the first post it came to.

And you're right - I didn't know about the 8-judge minimum for poultry shows. Some animal shows are different like that, but the breed standard is ALWAYS confusing, regardless of what animal they are talking about!
In addition the apprentice takes a showroom test to show their practical application of the Standard description.

Walt

Australorps are great, but not as great as Mr. Sherman's cockerels, but I did take 1 and 2 on Pullets against his. But the sudden drop in temps is creating for a spree of colds in all the birds so no more showing till mid January. Hasn't been a great year but were pushing on.@ramirezframing
Sorry to hear that cuba you always have good input. Do you go to the Stockton show? If so, how many birds are usually there, we are hoping to go in a couple of years. Are you coming up to the WA show in the spring?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom