Sumatra Thread!

your not using him for breeding sumatras right? are you the one Monkey sold as a cubalaya project? I told him to cull him but he said its his color someone is working on for a project. He is only alive because you wanted him LOL. I am noticing white white earlobe? wonder where that come from.
No, he is not being used to breed Sumatras. I did breed him to a Cubalaya project pullet before his earlobes turned white, she hatched out 5 of his chicks. 4 of those chicks are white, with a cockerel looking like he'll be pyle colored. We got one chick out of those 5 that looks like a dun.

I'll need to take some more pictures of the chicks. They are about 2 months old now.

Last edited:
No, he is not being used to breed Sumatras. I did breed him to a Cubalaya project pullet before his earlobes turned white, she hatched out 5 of his chicks. 4 of those chicks are white, with a cockerel looking like he'll be pyle colored. We got one chick out of those 5 that looks like a dun.

I'll need to take some more pictures of the chicks. They are about 2 months old now.
CUTE!!! Good luck on your project

This is my daughter and her Sumatra roo

Q's

Body portions of the sumatras?

Also do you think they are more heavily feathered than an average bird?

Do they flock well, or need more space like Game birds... is there a difference on this LF vs B?

Thanks in advance on Qs
smile.png

My first sumatra chick out of my pair. It's looking like a cockerel. Starting to get spurs and the hackle feathers seem more male than female.

The bottom of his feet are very yellow. Any opinions are welcome :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom