Sumatra Thread!

I use cat harnesses, as long as the ones I have fit right with the bird. For a leash I had some baling twine sitting around (I was looking for something that was extremely lightweight), and I just tied a clip on the end that I also had sitting around.

Some birds absolutely will not tolerate having a harness on. I'm sure if you gave them enough time, they would get over it, but I don't make mine wear them if they completely hate it.

Cool!! We'll have to try it!

Here is a pic from this evening of my 3 month olds.

Picked up our new Blue Sumatra Rooster. I am not real familiar with this breed but this bird seems like a nice one to me. It is very gentle and likes to be held. Any obvious flaws with this bird that you can see? Yellow on bottoms of feet and multiple spurs. My 13 year old might show it at the Fair in early September if it does not molt. Keep in mind this is basically a pet going to a county fair, no big shows Thanks for comments and critiques

Last edited:
Picked up our new Blue Sumatra Rooster. I am not real familiar with this breed but this bird seems like a nice one to me. It is very gentle and likes to be held. Any obvious flaws with this bird that you can see? Yellow on bottoms of feet and multiple spurs. My 13 year old might show it at the Fair in early September if it does not molt. Keep in mind this is basically a pet going to a county fair, no big shows Thanks for comments and critiques
Do you know how old he is? He looks to be re growing some feathers now, so he might be in molt. I would recommend taking a picture in a month or so if you notice that he is molting. I know some of mine are molting now. Good luck with him.

Back
Top Bottom