Sumatra Thread!

Here are some blue cockerels I hatched out. I feel like this guys are coming along nicely with the lacing, much better than last years lacing. I have Toms lines, James lines, And I got a rooster from sherry parkers line's in February of last year I do believe. I am still working on my own line. The two cockerels are a mix of sherry's line and Tom's line.

Since these bird's parents come from some other breeders, and these cockerels have slopped backs, I can safely assume, that that is what the expert breeders are breeding for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are photos of my Sumatras for the tail/back discussion. One photo is of my LF black hen that I feel has a little too low of a tail angle. One is of my blue bantam male that I feel has an excellent color and tail but it is a little high at the main sickles and the other photo is of my black bantam male that I feel has the best tail with a slight and even angle. I would love everyone else's opinions.

I posted this hoping to hear some opinions. Do u guys agree I disagree with my feeling on my Sumatras backs and and I want to hear all critiques of their overall bodies too. I bred the black LF and black bantam but bought the blue bantam this year

Here are photos of my Sumatras for the tail/back discussion. One photo is of my LF black hen that I feel has a little too low of a tail angle. One is of my blue bantam male that I feel has an excellent color and tail but it is a little high at the main sickles and the other photo is of my black bantam male that I feel has the best tail with a slight and even angle. I would love everyone else's opinions.

I posted this hoping to hear some opinions. Do u guys agree I disagree with my feeling on my Sumatras backs and and I want to hear all critiques of their overall bodies too. I bred the black LF and black bantam but bought the blue bantam this year
I agree. I feel like the bottom bantam could have a smoother transition to back and tail. Is he molting?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom